Sunday Sit, Sip, and “Sync” ~ 1-6-2013
Face Book + New Year’s Day = “Filling Out 2013 Calendar” Updates.
I remember doing that:
A new gift calendar for the year.
A hook in the kitchen.
Stickers or red circles on important dates.
- No more forgotten birthdays.
- Reminders a month, a week, a day, and hours before the “event”, if needed.
- Always a “click” away.
“Does Friday, March 15th work for you?”
“Let me check,”
…as I take out my phone.
Shannon and I began using Google Calendar when Recess TEC was in its infant stage taking tiny baby steps.
We needed to coordinate any free days we had to schedule workdays and workshops.
With family and teaching, those days were hard to find,
and we did not want to have to schedule a “callback” to check with each other on available dates.
So, we each set up a personal Google calendar and shared them.
The only commitment we had was to always enter our events, appointments, and important dates.
To help you get started,
- here is a link to the “Google Calender About” page and
- another link to Elsa Wenzel’s “Power Through Schedules with 21 Google Calendar Tricks”.
- Check out this “fast-paced” tutorial video, or watch the one below.
(Thank you Lawrence Wachs for the tutorial below!)
- And finally, “follow” Google Calendar on Twitter for the most recent updates.
Is it raining outside?
Too cold for a walk?
Don’t want to grade papers or make lesson plans just quite yet?
Now you have a good reason to procrastinate.
Your life just got a little easier and a little more organized!